SERVING RALEIGH, SAPPHIRE AND CHARLOTTE, NC SINCE 2002
- Meet all minimum standards set by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission.
- Meet all lateral transfer standards set by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission.
- U.S. citizen
- Completion of high school or GED (some college preferred)
- 21 years of age or older
- Meet physical requirements
- No felony convictions or serious misdemeanor convictions in the past five years.
- No DWI/DUI convictions within 10 years.
- No domestic violence convictions.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license and no suspensions of driving privileges in past three years.
- Successful completion of NC Basic Law Enforcement Training program and eligible for certification from the North Carolina Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
- Must Be Able To Work 3rd Shift.
- Must Be Able To Work Overtime As Required.
- Must Be Able To Work Rotating Shifts.
- Must Be Able To Work Weekends And Holidays.
- Must Have Home Telephone.
- Must Have Reliable Transportation.
Any conviction for a crime for which the punishment could have been more than two years.
Any conviction of any offense arising from domestic violence as defined by 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)
Conviction of one or more crimes or unlawful acts defined as Class B misdemeanors within the preceding five years.
Conviction of two or more crimes or unlawful acts defined as Class A misdemeanors within the preceding five years.
Having a driver’s license suspended or revoked in the three years before making application or at any time after the date of application; entering a plea of no contest, being convicted, or receiving a prayer for judgment continued for a traffic offense which may result in the suspension or revocation of driving privileges.
A DUI or DWI conviction within 10 years.
Refusal to take a Blood or Breath Test as required by the implied consent law of any jurisdiction.
Two or more accidents in which the applicant was charged and convicted within the preceding three years.
Conviction of Eluding Police, Hit and Run, Vehicle Speed Competition or Death by Vehicle
Three (3) or more convictions of moving violations or the accumulation of eight (8) points using the North Carolina point system within the preceding three years, Or four (4) or more convictions of moving violations within the preceding five years, Or five (5) or more convictions of moving violations within the preceding seven years
Unless medically prescribed, anabolic steroid use within the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the date of application.
Possession, or use of Marijuana or an derivative thereof within the thirty-six (36) months immediately preceding the date of application .
Prior drug usage is evaluated for the extent of the use and how recent the use has been.
Background investigation indication less than acceptable job performance with past employers
Incidents of past physical or mental abuse of any person.
Behavior unsuitable or inappropriate for a Police Officer as determined by the Chief of Police
Any individual that has been named respondent and/or defendant in a domestic violence protection order (50B Order) issued by a judge of a court of competent jurisdiction.
Dishonorable discharge from any military service (less-than-honorable discharge will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis).
Untruthfulness or the intentional withholding of information on any application, interview, or paperwork associated with the position.
Cheating on any examination or testing associated with the position.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with Capitol Special Police, please go to:
http://www.ncdoj.gov/About-DOJ/Law-Enforcement-Training-and-Standards/Criminal-Justice-Education-and-Training-Standards/Forms-and-Publications.aspx, download and complete each of the employment documents listed below.
- Records Release Authorization (CP-1)
- Drug Screening Consent (CP-2)
- Medical History Statement (F-1)
- Medical Examination (F-2)
- Personal History Statement (F-3)
- Company Police Officer Commission Application (CP-102)